Thursday, June 25, 2009

Snow in June...last trip to Estes Park...at least for now...

Relatives of mine have a time share in Estes Park so we took a trip up there one last time before we head to Texas...we just love Estes Park (I think it will be a vacation spot in the future!). My relatives were my dad's cousins, their families, and my great-aunt Marge. We spent the day at their cabin and then enjoyed some wine and cheese before we headed back to Denver. Before we went to their cabin, we drove up to the highest point on Trail Ridge Road (over 12,000 feet)...this first picture is Alexis bored in the car so she decided to take pictures of herself!
Elk we saw while driving on Trail Ridge Road...
View around 11,000/12,000...still snow in June!
Alexis was not in the mood for posing for the camera today...
Finally got her to turn...
Doing gymnastics on this wood...
Alexis wanted to have a picnic in the back of the truck, so we gave her an apple and she was happy...
At the cabin...this is my dad's cousin's husband, Kenny...they were entertaining themselves with a clothespin from their licorice snack...the other entertainment was the birds and Alexis' explanation of all of the birds in the bird book.

At the wine and cheese...Gail and Georgette (my dad's cousins)...
Alexis and me with my great-aunt Marge...Alexis didn't want to pose for the camera again...
Saying good-bye to Kenny and Gail after the wine and cheese...Alexis thought daddy's mouth needed to be covered!

No comments: